Smeg has received a number of important prizes and awards over the years from leading institutions and international magazines as a result of its deep understanding of aesthetics and the quality of its appliances.
Modena Domotics prize: In 2007 Smeg won the Modena Domotics Competition for its HQ, named one of the most innovative sites in Italy thanks to its intelligent consumption management and it being an example of sustainable development policies in action
Dedalo and Minosse International Prize: in 2008, Smeg won this competition, organised by an Italian association of professional architects, ALA - Assoarchitetti, for the architectural design of company HQ.
Wallpaper Design Award: In 2009, the oven and hob from the Newson range received the Best Domestic Appliance award from the illustrious international magazine.
Good Design Award: each year the Chicago Athenaeum Museum (museum of Architecture and Design) and the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies give prestigious “Good Design Awards” to products that are recognised for their design excellence – products that can enrich society and people’s lives through its design:
- 2010 award for the Marc Newson designed oven and gas hob
- 2012 award for the PVB750-2E “concept” gas hob
- 2013 award for the SFP140 Linea aesthetic oven and for the SMEG500 refrigerator, result of a collaboration between Smeg and Fiat.
- 2015 award for the Victoria TR4110 cooker and the 60cm oven, the kettle concept and the blender, and the LInea45cm oven
Smeg South Africa - Business Enterprise of the Year 2013: The First National Bank and the Italian-South African Chamber of Trade and Industries awarded a prestigious prize to Smeg South African subsidiary as recognition of entrepreneurial excellence.
Designer Kitchen & Bathroom Awards 2015: the 50's style FAB fridge and the Linea 45cm ovens, have received the Design Awards for design and innovation.
- Red Dot Design Awards 2015. The toaster TSF01 have received the Red Dot Design Awards 2015. The toaster has met all the criteria of evaluation of the award jury, composed by international professionals experienced in design with various background.
- iF Design Award 2017: the Portofino cooker and 45cm Dolce Stil Novo wine coolers have received the iF Design Award, one of the most coveted seal of excellence composed by an international high-profile jury.